The LDAPCon is an international conference on LDAP technology and the issues such as identity management, authentication and empowerment.
LDAPCon is a biennial event and this year it will take place from 19 to 20 October in iconic city of Brussels, the capital of Belgium, where the business of the European Union and NATO is run. In the past, LDAPCon has been held in other interesting places such as the following:
- 2015: 5th LDAPCon, Edimburgh
- 2013: 4th LDAPCon, Paris
- 2011: 3rd LDAPCon, Heidelberg
- 2009: 2nd LDAPCon, Portland
- 2007: 1st LDAPCon, Köln
At Savoir-faire Linux, we have a team of motivated developers who are committed to LDAP community. We have sponsored this conference once in 2015 (please read the news here), and have already renewed our commitment by being their Silver Sponsor for this year as well.
Maybe Small, but a Mighty Gathering
2017 LDAPConf brings together 19 presentations and workshops within its 2-day program. Our engineer, Clément OUDOT is among the steering committee. This year’s program will showcase some interesting talks such as:
- ReOpenLDAP: Modification of OpenLDAP for intensive use by a telecommunications operator
- OpenLDAP – a new LDAP server for Samba4: An update on the integration of OpenLDAP in Samba 4 in place of the native directory coded by the Samba team
- PHP-LDAP: News of the evolution of the LDAP API in PHP, abandoned for several years but now the developments are resumed
- What’s New In OpenLDAP: News from the OpenLDAP project by Howard Chu, the main developer
Other exciting LDAP topics such as Cloud Identity Management, Authorizations / Authentication, Single Sign-On or Supervision will be addressed in the various other presentations.
Savoir-faire Linux’s representative will update various SSO protocols (CAS, SAML and OpenID Connect) in a given intervention on Friday afternoon, just before the presentation of the FusionDirectory software. The data management software of an LDAP directory , used in our internal infrastructure and for some of our customers will be discussed in his presentation.
If you are interested in this conference, you can book your tickets online on the conference website.